Sterling Manufacturing is a world-class plastics manufacturing company. Sterling, and the newly acquired Albright Technologies, is a dynamic and rapidly growing company. We are an industry leader in precision injection molding, tool design, rapid prototyping and value-added services. Primary markets include medical, consumer products, defense and aviation. Sterling / Albright operates two, state-of-the art facilities including 4 Class 8 clean rooms for medical products.
The current opening is at Sterling Manufacturing, whose primary focus is medical molding, both Silicone and Thermoplastic.
Title: Molding Foreman – 2nd Shift / 3rd Shift
Plant: Sterling Manufacturing
Reports to: Operations Manager
Overall Role: This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the molding plant and all its employees on the shift. The Molding Foreman is responsible for the overall efficiency of plant operations and the quality of the parts produced on their shift
- Candidate will responsible for production on their designated shift
- Candidate will maintain the efficient use of resources including personnel, machines, materials and auxiliary equipment
- Will enforce Company policies, rules and regulations
- Plan production runs based on scheduling demands and assign workloads to employees based on skill sets
- Perform mold set up, and job changes to meet production demands
- Set molding process parameters to ensure part quality
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to identify defects
- Troubleshoot process, machine, and auxiliary equipment problems to reduce downtime, scrap and internal rejects
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 Plus years of experience working with injection molding processes, machines and tools
- Experience working in a Certified Clean Room (Class 8), with various medical devices and products a plus
- Set up and troubleshooting skills required, and advanced processing knowledge preferred. Knowledge of silicone molding a plus
- Must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to lead the shift by example
Candidate should be energetic and willing to attack new and unique challenges. Sterling offers an excellent benefits package including 401K, medical, dental and the opportunity to join our dynamic growing company.