A cold deck (cold runner) system is an assembly of insulated feeding units that prevents liquid silicone from curing while conveying silicone into the cavities of the mold. The following are a few reasons that using a cold deck system can be very cost effective in high volume molding applications.
1. The cold deck eliminates waste (sprue and runners) that is generated in a conventional silicone injection molding.
2. The cold deck also reduces cycle time because it eliminates the need for a secondary process to remove the sprue and runner from the molded part.
3. A cold deck can also provide you with greater flexibility with both gate style (open vs. valve gated) and location.
Read the rest of the November Newlsetter
Latest posts by Ryan Taylor (see all)
- 3 Things to Look for in a Silicone Molding Company - December 15, 2015
- Albright Technologies Launches Design for Manufacturability Service - November 20, 2015
- Albright Technologies Completes ISO 13485:2016 Certification Audit - November 20, 2015